- Salary: Stipend Paid KES / Month
- Exp.: Some Exp. a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Criminology/Security Studies
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for an Security Graduate Intern to work in its Nairobi office.
This position, reporting to the World Vision International ( WVI) Security Advisor, will ensure that the security standards of WVI staff are met and ensure security and safety of all WVI personnel, assets, programs and resources within WVI sphere of influence and context of operations.
In this role, the intern will gain practical, hands-on experience in the field of security and risk management within a complex and dynamic context. They will have the chance to develop a deep understanding of security operations and challenges across multiple countries in East Africa.
This experience will provide exposure to a wide range of security and safety issues, offering the intern the chance to work closely with a diverse team of experts and stakeholders.
The role will require the intern to develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills, enhance their ability to make informed decisions under pressure, and gain a comprehensive understanding of humanitarian and development programs.
This practical experience will not only contribute to the intern’s professional growth but also foster personal growth by instilling a strong sense of responsibility, resilience, and adaptability in challenging environments, making it a rewarding and transformative career-building opportunity.
This internship is a 10 months’ talent incubation program aiming to give a young Christian graduate real work experience, personal, spiritual and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
The intern will learn and support the Security department in:
- Incident monitoring and alerting.
- Supporting teams dealing with safety and security responsibilities to integrate new processes that come up from time to time
- Assist in improving existing internal security SOPs and systems.
- Support existing protocols.
- Fill reports in case of security incident and follow up as appropriate for the conclusion of the same in ethics point.
- Ensuring proper filing/file maintenance of security related documents; daily, weekly, biweekly reports, alerts, and dissemination of the same through the various internal media.
- Updating the necessary portals with the relevant security and safety information.
- Keeping contacts, mailing lists, WhatsApp and or skype groups up to date and alert the same on any security issues that arise
- Compiling weekly reports, relevant parts of internal monthly reports and other specific report where/when appropriate
- Reviewing Regional Safety compliance levels
- Analyzing of Safety and Security Incident Reports
- Traveling Safety induction for travelling staff
- Planning and participating in security and safety trainings
- Supporting in procuring safety and security items in Provision
- Supporting on any other tasks as assigned on ad hoc basis
- Bachelors’ degree in Security Management, Bachelor of Science in Criminology and Security Management or Degree in a related field.
- While previous experience in security is not mandatory candidates with relevant technical experience in security will have an added advantage will be an advantage.
- Must have graduated not earlier than June 2022
Additional experience required
- Demonstrated experience in: report writing and analysis, incident reporting, incident mapping, information collection and analysis, writing, and/or developing security related protocols OR Document management,
- Be passionate about Security.
- Precise, concise, attention to details is expected.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding and use of most MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Google Earth
- Demonstrates Christ-centered life and work
- Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
A small stipend will be offered for the position.
Kindly send applications indicating the job title “Security Graduate Intern 2024” as the subject line by close of business on 24th November 2023.
Applications have closed