- Exp.: Not Specified
- Min. Education level: Certificate
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
- November 30, 2023
Reporting to Finance Officer
Working with Finance & Programs team.
Program/Duty station Nairobi
Duration 6 Months
Starting date Immediately
Adeso is a dynamic African-based organization with a 30-year history of community-driven development and environmentalism. Our vision is to create a world independent from aid, that relies on the resourcefulness of its people. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being through economic revitalization, skills development, humanitarian aid, and policy influence. We do this by promoting self-reliance, social justice, gender equality, environmental sustainability, and transformative innovations such as cash-based interventions, and community-led solutions to water and famine crises.
Adeso has successfully launched social enterprises and subsidiaries, such as Libin Investment Company Ltd, KujaLink, CORE and the NEAR Network, which each aim to build the ecosystem needed to confront the legacy of colonialism. Through this portfolio of solutions, we work to connect, design, launch, and scale the most promising innovations that will be a catalyst for community-led change. As a recognized leader in the global effort to decolonize the humanitarian and development aid system, Adeso leads coalitions working with civil society leaders, funders, INGOs, and aid agencies that are designed to shift power and resources to those most proximate to the world’s most urgent challenges. Join us as we continue to build a better, more equitable, future for communities across Africa and beyond.
The purpose of this position is to provide financial support to all Adeso’s businesses and project activities while adhering to Adeso policies and procedures. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Finance Intern will be a full-time member of the Adeso team and will play a crucial role in providing support to all Adeso finance affairs. She/He will work closely with the Finance team to discharge the following responsibilities:
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process day to day payment for the Nairobi office and maintain all accounting documents.
• Ensure compliance with financial policies.
• Maintain an effective filing system for project correspondences, reports and other documents.
• Capture financial data into the financial system by following all relevant Adeso and donor regulations.
• Support the accounts payable/receivable process.
• Prepare payment requisitions including the relevant documents and process payments as required.
• Maintain efficient, proper, and transparent filing of all financial documents and ensure all documents are scanned and uploaded on the G-drive.
• Handle office petty cash and make cash requests for petty cash replenishment on time.
• Prepare bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
• Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A university Diploma in Business Administration (accounting or finance) or Certification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA).
• Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office and Accounting software packages.
• Ability to work tight deadlines, handle pressure and multiple concurrent activities.
• Excellent in written and spoken English.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations within a team.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
All applications should be sent by 30th November 2023 with the Finance Intern on the subject line. The selection committee will review all applications as they arrive. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Each application package should include the following:
• An application letter addressing the selection criteria including how the individual’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as the interest for the position. It should also indicate the candidate’s availability and consultancy rates. The letter should be no longer than two pages;
• Updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications; Contact details of 2 references.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.
New Here? Register & Apply Now