Worldreader’s mission is to get children reading so they can reach their potential. Since its inception in 2010, Worldreader has helped over 21 million people worldwide, including those living in crisis and conflict settings. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a global team that is bringing reading to children who need it most.
We are seeking a Programs Intern to support our East Africa Regional Programs and contribute to our regional and global goals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and strengthen your project management skills in a nonprofit environment. You will report directly to the Associate Director of Programs and work closely with the Programs Manager of Worldreader East Africa.
This is an unpaid internship based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Scope of Work
- Hold outreach engagements with the partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of programmatic materials, resources, and communications.
- Help generate programmatic and regional periodic reports.
- Coordinate with the regional team to collect and disseminate impact stories.
- Collaborate with regional staff on events and projects as needed.
- Support the Programs team in specific intervention activities.
- Maintain documentation of program processes.
- Enhance internal EA knowledge management processes through various repositories.
- Participate in development of forecast, work plan, and report documentation.
- Additional duties as directed.
Up to 4 months, 15 hours per week.
Give a presentation culminating your experience in front of Worldreader staff at the end of your internship.
- Must be a resident of Kenya with legal work authorization.
- Undergraduate student at a recognized four-year university in Kenya studying project management, international development, community development, or a relevant social science degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in social media skills preferred.
- Hands-on and solution-oriented personality is highly desirable.
- Willingness to grow and contribute to learning.
- Commitment to time frame.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote work environment.
- Must have own computer and reliable internet connection.
Interns will benefit from this opportunity in the following ways:
- Support Worldreader’s efforts to bring digital reading to vulnerable communities.
- Gain skills in digital reading programmatic intervention.
- Learn about international development and the nonprofit education sector.
- Gain skills in community engagement and communication.
- Collaborate with a passionate global team.
- Earn valuable resume-building experience.
- Build your professional network.
Worldreader is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented groups. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Kenya and can produce proof of authorization.
Please submit your CV in English.
New Here? Register & Apply Now