About the Position: Junior Research Data Analyst
We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Junior Research Data Analyst. In this role, you will gather and analyze data from various sources, create reports and visual representations, develop and maintain databases, and provide technical assistance to researchers. You will also be required to advise and assist researchers and partners in determining the appropriate statistical methodology to meet their study needs and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with our research team to summarize and interpret statistical results related to our projects using various statistical tools, as well as designing and programming study instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and programming of data collection tools.
- Work with the research team to perform quality control checks to ensure data fidelity.
- Prepare reports for problematic data and send them to research managers for resolution.
- Clean and prepare data sets in various formats for analysis.
- Work with research managers and investigators to implement statistical analysis plans. This will involve developing, testing, and executing statistical programs to generate descriptive statistics, conduct hypothesis tests, and create graphical representations.
- Generate reports and visualizations to communicate research findings to both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the research team to support the design, testing, and evaluation of an innovative preschool program in rural Kenya.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a relevant field.
- Must have at least one year of professional experience in empirical research.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all the primary data software used by CGR. These software include STATA, R, ODK, and Excel.
- Must have a strong interest in coding, data management, and visualization.
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of analysis methods used in RCTs.
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili, both written and spoken.
- Must confidently, autonomously, and professionally communicate with colleagues and stakeholders. We desire diligence, versatility, attention to detail, and teamwork with short deadlines.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Common Goal Research Center (CGR)
Common Goal Research is a consulting and research firm focused on applied research, data technology, and designing products and services for social, health, economic, and political programs. Our core areas of expertise include impact evaluations, qualitative and quantitative research, and product design and user research. We have implemented and managed projects covering different thematic areas such as sexual and reproductive health, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), social protection programs, and agriculture. We work with researchers, practitioners, and policy-makers to conduct rigorous fieldwork and apply research outcomes to real-world problems.
Please send a cover letter and detailed 2-page CV including a daytime phone number, an email address, and three professional references with telephone numbers.
Please ensure the subject line reads: “Junior Research Data Analyst REF NO: CGR-2023.”
Deadline: Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates for an interview.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by the Junior Research Data Analyst. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that CGR will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with CGR.
New Here? Register & Apply Now