Job Title: Community Scout (3 Positions)
Kasigau Development Trust(KDT) is a community Organisation registered With the departments of social and cultural development in the year 2011. The organisation was farmed objectively to promote environmental conservation, prese:vation and protection of the cultural heritage and mobilization of resources for implementation ofcommunity development programs
We are looking for scouts to join our team and help us with our environmental conservation efforts. As a scout, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting Community sensitization programs on conservation issues, charcoal burning and its impact on the environment.
- Training the local community on how to conserve the environment and use alternative sources of energy.
- Conducting Patrols within the community area to reduce charcoal burning activities
- Protecting the environment from illegal logging, poaching, and other threats.
- Gathering information on what is going on m the community and reporting to the management.
To be a successfiål scout, you should have:
- A form four graduate certificate or equivalent.
- A member of the local community or familiar With the area.
- Basic computer training and skills.
- A Motorbike driving licence and Experience.
- A passion for environmental conservation and community development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter or hand delivered to our Offices located in Rukanga during Normal working hours(8:00Am-5.00Pm) by 30th November,2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
New Here? Register & Apply Now