- Exp.: Some Exp. a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Any Field of Study
- March 22, 2024
AMDA is an industry association made up of member companies. Currently, AMDA has 43 members, made up of minigrid developers who are expanding electricity access in 22 countries across Africa. In addition to the sector coordination and strengthening work that AMDA undertakes, we offer the following services to our members: (1) operational support, (2) matchmaking opportunities, (3) knowledge & resources, (4) visibility, and (5) events.
AMDA has enhanced its value proposition to provide world-class support to our members based on their needs. This is an exciting time to join AMDA as we continue to build and improve services to companies who are at the front lines of rural electrification and energy access in Africa. Additionally, AMDA is expanding its membership to other types of companies that work in the sector to build a more cohesive minigrid industry.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT INTERN
AMDA is looking for a dynamic professional to join its Member Engagement department to support the implementation of AMDA’s member engagement and services strategy. The Member Engagement Intern will focus on providing valuable and professional services and tools to members. A successful intern will take on and own various projects that support members, ensuring that every resource or tool is useful and of high quality.
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE HAPPEN
- Support the implementation of AMDA’s Member Engagement strategy. Example projects will include but are not limited to:
- Writing summaries of members’ achievements to be posted on AMDA’s social media channels
- Gathering and analyzing information on minigrid sector opportunities and sharing relevant information with members in biweekly newsletters
- Supporting the execution of member events, including setting up and sharing webinar details, securing quotes for venues and catering, and managing invitations
- Compiling and sharing useful resources for members in easy-to-access formats
- Support the management of the AMDA member database, ensuring that member information, contact information, notes from member calls, and news are up-to-date and accessible to all AMDA staff.
- Create persuasive and visually-appealing member engagement materials (e.g., brochures, one-pagers, call scripts, membership application forms, surveys) for existing and prospective AMDA members.
- Support the application review and onboarding of prospective members.
- Support the drafting of standard operating procedures for all processes that the Member Engagement team manages.
- Draft emails to be sent to members on various subjects, including invoices, announcements, and opportunities.
- Take notes during meetings and prepare concise action items and summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of experience of work experience in a corporate environment
- Excellent speaking, writing and presentation skills
- Intellectual curiosity and dexterity
- Ability to work independently and proactively with a “will do” attitude
- Time management, organizational and planning skills
- An eye and a passion for details
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
WHAT WOULD GIVE YOU AN ADDED ADVANTAGE
- Bi- or multi-lingual proficiency
- Experience in renewable energy and/or off-grid power solutions sectors, climate change and sustainability
- Experience working in small, startup-like work environments
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Skilled at designing visually appealing digital communications, using platforms like Canva or others
- Experience with CRM databases
WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF THE JOB
- Competitive remuneration
- Hybrid working conditions
- 20 business days holiday
WHY WORK WITH US
- AMDA is an international industry association supporting companies who are at the front lines of expanding electricity access.
- AMDA is an international, growing team.
- AMDA works with decision-makers across Africa, large corporations, development partners, and researchers to ensure that we achieve universal electricity access faster.
- Be part of an organization that is changing Africa’s future for the better.
- Good writing skills
- Data management
Apply by 22 March 2024
New Here? Register & Apply Now
Be the first to know of similar vacancies by joining our Live Feed WhatsApp Group, Telegram Channel or Facebook Group. Join Telegram Channel Join Facebook Channel Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn Find a Date, Make Friends & Meet New People! Join CampusBiz Dating ♡