- Job level: Internship
- Salary (KES): 25,000 - 30,000
- Exp.: Some Experience a Plus
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Industry: Printing and Packaging
Location: Nairobi-Industrial Area,
The Ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of finance, research, analysis and quickly able to build skill around providing accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, statistical solutions, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments.
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- CPA(K) or ACCA preferred.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing.
- Come up with and share creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions and prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements & identify and address account discrepancies by comparing and correcting data.
- Assist in processing tax payments.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation and quarterly/ annual audits.
- Maintain reports on financial metrics, cost analysis including investments, return on assets and growth rates.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV using the position as subject of email ie ’Accounts intern-Industrial area’