- Job level: Internship
- Exp.: Some Experience Required
- Min. Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialism: IT or Computer Science
About the Company
Fresh Life is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake two exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, the Sanergy group serves over 150,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day and safely removes nearly 20,000T of sanitation waste per year. We have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator and by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa.
About the Role
Our IT team is growing and looking for a Data Analysis Intern to join the team to provide support to the BI Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the BI Developer in the collection of user requirements and reporting needs from different stakeholders.
- Support the BI Developer in report preparation as and when required.
- Document and capture business requirements from internal and external stakeholders
- Perform data cleanups and import them into the system (CRM)
- Assist users in exporting Data from the system
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand their data needs and how these can be mapped into the system.
- Degree in IT or Computer Science with strong excel & analytical skills
- Proven knowledge of SQL, Python programming Languages & data visualization software like Power BI
- Technical proficiency in database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation
- Excellent Problem-solving, collaboration & Communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
Regen Organics/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.