- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors.
- Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to Great Valley Center technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.