A CALL FOR 2024 INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS FOR BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN CONSERVATION AGRICULTURE IN RWANDA
The Ministry is in receipt of communication from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Republic of Rwanda through the Ministry of Foreign and Diaspora Affairs transmitting a call for 2024
International Application for the Bachelors of Science in Conservation Agriculture at the Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA).
RICA’s mission is to educate and inspire a new generation of innovators Agriculture, its purpose-built campus is dedicated to equipping future innovators through hands-on, experiential learning. RICA’s fosters strategic thinking, problem solving abilities, communication, leadership and entrepreneurship skills essential for career success.
Students can specialize in one of the following options.
• Animal production systems
• Crop production systems
• Irrigation and Mechanical systems
• Food processing systems
Since its inception, RICA has continued to be an institution of choice, in recent years, RICA has witnessed a remarkable admission acceptance rate, which has decreased from 6% in 2022 to an even more competitive 4% in
2023. this remarkable increase in interest underscores the growing recognition of RICA’s distinctive experiential approach.
• Scholarship Type: partial
• Degree program: Bachelor of Science in Conservation Agriculture
• Funding: Admitted international student will be eligible for a 50% RICA partial scholarship. the remaining 50% of the program equivalent to $16,000 will be paid by the student respective Government
• Duration: 3 years
• Number: 10 slots for nationals from eligible countries
• Fields of Study: Conservation Agriculture with specialization options in Animal Production systems, Crop Production, Irrigation and mechanization systems, or Food Processing Systems.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
• Be a national of any EAC member state or the Republic of the Congo
• Posses a minimum national examination score of 42/60 or 70% average score with two principal passes in science subjects, applicant are advised to apply for an equivalence certificate issued by the Rwanda National Examination and Inspection Authority
• Demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneurship potential.
• Have English Language proficiency.
• Be not older than 25 years of age at the time of application.
• Contribute to gender balance among students (50% representation from each gender)
• Shortlisted applicants are required to take a final admission interview organized by RICA.
Why study at RICA?
• Experimental learning: At RICA, we believe in learning by doing. our campus is designing to offer hands-on, practical experiences that go beyond traditional classroom learning.
• Specialization option: Tailor your education by choosing from our specialized tracks in Animal Production Systems, Crop Production Systems, Irrigation and Mechanization System, or Food Processing Systems.
• International recognition: RICA’s Bachelor of Science in Conservation Agriculture is internationally recognized, setting you up a global career.
• Leadership and entrepreneurship: in addition to technical expertise, we equip our students with essential skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, and communication to excel in the world of Agriculture.
• Conservation focus: learn the practical of Conservation Agriculture and One Health, essential for sustainable agriculture in Africa.
Selected scholars will be granted a 50% RICA partial scholarship. The remaining 50% of the cost of the program equivalent to $16,000 will be paid by the students respective Government. Program payment of $16,000 includes tuition, room and meals while on campus. In addition, students are responsible for all costs involving travel expenses, stipends and visa application fees.
• Opening applications: February 2024
• Closing applications: April 2024
• Final admission interviews: May 2024
• Admission notification: June 2024
• Arrival of international students in Rwanda: August 2024
Interested candidates should visit the official website of the RICA at https://www.rica.rw/about/ for more information.
• Obtain Standard Application forms from the Ministry of Education offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702.
The standard Application Forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website
• Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID/passport, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth certificate, and any other testimonials should be sent to:
Director- Higher Education,
Ministry of Education,
P.O Box 9583- 00200
OR delivered to Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room No. 2702
• The application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 12th March,2024.