The Government of Hungary has offered Two Hundred (200) scholarships to eligible Kenyans for the following areas of study:
- Undergraduate (BA/BSc) studies in the fields of Agricultural Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Legal Science, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Medical and Health Science and Natural Science;
- Master’s (MA/MSc) studies in the fields of Agricultural Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Legal Science, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Medical and Health Science and Natural Science;
- Doctoral (PhD/DLA) studies in any field of interest;
- One-tier master’s (OTM) studies in the fields of General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacology, Architecture, and Veterinary Medicine.
NB: One-Tier Masters (OTM) covers both Bachelor and the Master’s levels.
The study programmes and Host Institutions are accessible on the online application system’s website: (https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu) which will be accessible as from 15th November, 2023.
The provisions covered by the scholarship include; Tuition fee, Accommodation/Accommodation contribution for those who don’t live in the dormitory, Medical Insurance and a monthly stipend. Please note that these provisions do not fully cover all the costs of living in Hungary but are only a contribution to the living expenses and the students need to add their own financial resources in order to cover all living expenses in Hungary. Applicants
are advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying by visiting:
a) Minimum KCSE Mean Grade of B (plain).
b) Not more than 25 years of age.
c) Grade “B” in core subjects in the preferred field of study.
d) Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years.
e) Have original KCSE certificate.
(i) Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree upper second-class honors level for Master’s.
(ii) For PhD, applicants must have a relevant Master’s Degree.
(iii) Are below thirty-eight (38) years for Masters and forty-five (45) years for PhD
All eligible candidates must read and adhere to the following guidelines strictly:
1. Complete the online application at apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application system and upload the required documents. A guide to the online submission is available on www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu website. The deadline for submission of online application to the Tempus Public Foundation is 15th January 2024 (2 pm Central European Time). Download and print the online application as it will be submitted together with the standard Scholarship application form.
2. Doctoral candidates are advised to visit website (http://www.doktori.hu) before applying.
3. Students applying for doctoral program must have a supervisor at the host university. A statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the application.
4. Candidates who are in service should submit their application through their Heads of Departments and attach the recommendation letter.
5. Download the STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM from the Ministry of Education Website.
6. Complete the Standard Scholarship Application Form. Attach certified documents (certified photocopies of ID, academic/ professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, Passport, other testimonials). The study plan for
postgraduate students/ proposal in the area of study (PhD Students only should be provided separately) and a copy of the online application form submitted to Tempus Public Foundation should be sent to;
Director, Higher Education
Ministry of Education,
P. O. Box 9583 – 00200
Or delivered to: Teleposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2701. On or before 17th January, 2024 at 5:00 pm
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted through email or phone call from the following number 0771842051 when invited for interview
1. Academic Certificates from Foreign Institutions of Higher Learning MUST be recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE).
2. The Ministry of Education is the designated Agent for the Hungary Government Scholarships. It is mandatory for all interested applicants to go through the Ministry’s preliminary selection process.
3. Preference for nominations at postgraduate level will be given to teaching staff in the Universities and University Constituent Colleges.