2Jiajiri is an enterprise development and wealth creation programme of the KCB Foundation. The objective of the programme is to create and support new and existing enterprises in the informal sector through vocational training, business development services and market linkages. The programme intends that the increasing expansion and formalisation of enterprises will create employment opportunities. The programme focusses on the following sectors:
- Automotive Engineering
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Building and Construction
- Domestic Services
This recruitment will take place in the counties of Baringo, Garissa, Homabay, Kericho, Kiambu, Marsabit, Nairobi, Samburu and Tana River targeting 500 upskillers for the May 2023 intake under the categories of Apprentices & Business owners for a 3-month course in the respective institutions.
Scholarship selection criteria
To qualify for the scholarship, all applicants must fulfill the criteria below:
- Have a National Identity Card
- Be able to read and write in Kiswahili and/or English.
- Commit to attending all training sessions in participating technical training institutions/vocational training centres in their county of residence.
- Must be willing to contribute 2000/= towards the school fees. This is payable to the training institution upon receiving an official communication from KCB Foundation on the award of the scholarship.
- Must fulfill the criteria and be within one of the two categories (Business Owner or Apprentice).
- Must be willing to take up a National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) grade test certification.
|a. The business must be existing at the time of this application and be operational for a minimum period of 6 months.b. The business must be within the 5 pillars of 2Jiajiri. (Agribusiness, Automotive Engineering, Beauty & Personal Care, Building & Construction and Domestic services)c. Age limit 25 – 35 years.d. Applicant must have a verifiable business location.e. Applicant must provide business records/evidence to prove operational existence e.g., business permits.||a. Applicant must have worked under a supervisor for the past 6 to 12 months, performing aspects of the skill they are applying the scholarship for.b. The practice must be within the 5 pillars of 2Jiajiri. (Agribusiness, Automotive Engineering, Beauty & Personal Care, Building & Construction and Domestic services).c. Age limit 18 – 35 years.d. Physical location/address of the business of the supervisor/referees.|
Click below for the application forms and the list of participating institutions.