UPDATE: The TSC has officially shared details about the Internship Vacancies. Check out the details HERE
Reports have been circulating today regarding the Teachers’ Service Commission recruitment of over 6,000 Interns during the month of December 2020 although the Commission hasn’t yet published the vacancy on their website or share any official communication about the same on their social media pages.
Keeping in mind that the Commission dismissed a similar advert that made rounds last month as fake news, all we can do for now is wait for official publishing or communication from TSC.
Though just a speculation for now, here is what we know;
- As part of the National Government post COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Programme, the Commission plans to recruit qualified candidates to fill 6,674 teacher internship posts, 4,676 posts for Secondary Schools and 1,998 posts Primary Schools.
- If confirmed the Internship programme will be for one year supporting efforts by teacher training institutions to equip and sustain the competencies of persons entering teaching service.
- The programme will target Kenyan unemployed teachers who are registered with TSC, holder of a P1 Certificate for Primary Schools and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary Schools.
- Conflicting reports have been published about whether those who were selected for the previous TSC Internship program are eligible to apply with some saying they are not eligible and Kenyans.co.ke reporting that TSC Head of Corporate Communications Betty Wababu revealed that teachers who failed to secure a job in the last requirement drive can still apply.
- The monthly stipend will be Kshs. 15,000/= for Primary School Interns and Kshs. 20,000/= for those deployed to Secondary schools.
Keep checking our Career Platform for any official publication of the Internship, if at all it is confirmed by the TSC.