CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2024/2025
The Ministry is in receipt of communication from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Kenya informing of Eighteen (18) Chinese Government Scholarships to Kenyan students for Undergraduate, Masters’ and PhD in the academic year 2024/2025.
Applicant should meet the following requirements
• Minimum KCSE mean grade of B (Plain)
• Not more than 25 years of age
• Have an original KCSE certificate
• Strong grades in major subjects that are key to the area of specialty preferred
• Completed secondary education in the last three (3) years.
• Have a Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Upper Division
• Be under 35 years of age
• Have a relevant Master’s degree from a recognized University.
• Be under 40 years of age.
Interested applicants should visit and apply online through official website of China Scholarship Council http://www.campuschina.org/ and click Scholarship Application for Students. This will require one to create an account. Under program category Select Type A and Agency Number is 4041.
List of available universities and courses they offer visit http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html
Application documents required include;
• Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
• A copy of the passport Home page with validity later than 1st March, 2025.
• Notarized certificates and academic transcripts which should be in English or Chinese translations.
• Pre admission documents issued by universities one is applying to.
• A study plan or research proposal (a minimum of 200 words for undergraduates and 800 words for postgraduate
• Two recommendation letters from a professor or associate professor for graduate programs applicants
• Submit a copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and retain the original (Form available from Directorate of Higher Education Room 2701)
• Certificate of good conduct.
Reminder: Uploaded documents must be clear, authentic and valid.
Document to be submitted with the CSC application form include;
i. The STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM downloadable from the Ministry of Education Website
ii. Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled by medical practitioner
iii. Attach certified documents (photocopies of ID, academic/ professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, Passport, other testimonials). The study plan for postgraduate students), recommendation letters and a copy of the online application form submitted to China Scholarship Council should be sent to;
The Director, Higher Education
Ministry of Education
P O Box 9583 – 00200
Delivered to the Ministry of Education offices at Telposta Towers, 27th Floor, Room 2701, not later than 8th December, 2023 at 5:00p.m.
i. Academic Certificates from Foreign Institutions of Higher Learning MUST be recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE).
ii. The Ministry of Education is the dispatching Agent for the Chinese Government Scholarships. It is mandatory for all interested applicants to go through the Ministry’s preliminary selection process.